ResearchI am a Research Scientist at Inria (FUN group) and at SICS (NES group). I obtained my PhD from Université de Lille (INRIA, CNRS, France) in 2010, and did my postdoc at SICS as the holder of an ERCIM Alain Bensoussan fellowship. I was employed as permanent researcher at SICS Swedish ICT in 2011, and then started on a Research Scientist at Inria in 2016.
I work on the Internet of Things: system aspects, networking, security and applications. I believe in open standards, and am a core maintainer and contributor of Contiki, the open source OS for the Internet of Things. Feel free to contact me if you're interested in doing your Master's thesis or internship in the area of low-power IP and the Web of Things.
PhD StudentsI have / had the pleasure to co-advise the following PhD students:
- Beshr Al Nahas, Chalmers Univ., on concurrent transmissions in low-power wireless networks
- Niklas Wirström, SICS, on localization in energy-constrained systems
- Anwar Hithnawi, ETH Zürich, on resource-efficient mechanisms for wireless coexistence. Defended Nov 2016.
CommitteesCommittee member in the following scientific events:
- EWSN 2017, 2016 (TPC member), 2015 (Publicity co-chair)
- IEEE MASS 2016, 2015, 2014 (TPC member)
- IEEE ICDCS 2017, 2015 (TPC member)
- IEEE DCOSS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014 (TPC member)
- IEEE LCN 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 (TPC member)
- InterIoT 2015 (TPC member)
- Compas 2015 (TPC member)
- IoT-Sys 2015 (TPC member)
- IEEE RTSS 2014 (TPC member)
- IEEE SenseApp 2013, 2012, 2011 (TPC member)
- S-CUBE 2013 (TPC member)
- ACM EuroSys 2012 (Shadow TPC member)
- IEEE DCOSS 2011 (Demo Session Chair)
- CONET 2011 (TPC member)
- Anwar Hithnawi, on Nov 8, 2016, ETHZ (Zurich, Switzerland): "Low-power Wireless Systems Coexistence"
- Mathieu Michel, on Sep 2, 2016, Univ. Mons (Belgium): "Enhancing the Performance of WSN with Cross-layer Cooperation"
- Wilfried Dron, on Dec 10, 2014, LIP6 (Paris, France): "Lifetime Estimation Method for Connected Devices"
- 2017-2019 H2020 Vessedia (Inria) Verification Engineering of Safety and Seuciry Critical Dynamic Industrial Applications
- 2016 EIT Digital CPS Lifetime Awareness (SICS)
- 2015–2019 KKS (Swedish Knowledge foundation) E-care@home (SICS) Effective health care via semantic interoperability
- 2014-2015 EIT Digital RICH (SICS) Reliable Ip for time synchronized Channel Hopping networks
Awards and Achievements
- 2010 Recipient of a 12 month ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Postdoc fellowship
- 2009 Best paper award: Smews: Smart and Mobile Embedded Web Server in the 3rd International Workshop on Intelligent, Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (IMIS 2009)
- 2007 Recipient of a PhD grant from the French Ministry of University and Research (at Université de Lille and INRIA)
- 2007 Valedictorian of MSc graduating class out of 128 students (at Université de Lille)
- 2005 Valedictorian of BSc graduating class out of 125 students (at Université de Lille)
Page last updated on January 16, 2017